Wednesday 21 November 2007

Well that was certainly unexpected

I was off with a cold today from being too damn stubborn to use an umbrella.

Turns out that I didn't actually miss school all that much though. I had my year 10 chemistry class and my year 11 physics class booked into IT and took the lesson from my bed! Kept an eye on who was logged on and asked some of the pupils via the chat function to see to it that the ones not logged on were getting busy.

I then say back and watched as work came in, being on hand from my sickbed to assist when trouble came up, log-on issues (only 2 surprisingly) and questions on tasks.

Turns out a valuable lesson was learnt today. The lesson was well planned and structured so I didn't have that much to do. The pupils got on with the task from what I can tell and the results came rolling in.

If anything, an e-lesson must be as welll planned if not more so than a real face to face lesson. And when it is, there is still a small amount of supervision to be done.

A good learning experience for all.

I'm going back to bed now.

No comments: