Sunday 11 November 2007

Hot Potatoes as an introduction to e-learning assessment

Thinking about further expansion into the department I am going to suggest to the biologists, and also Nick that they download the Hot Potatoes application and make some quizzes using that.

This way they can get used to making some quizzes for electronic use and they will be able to add them as soon as we allow them to go live so it's not wasted time. I think that Hot Potatoes provides the perfect intermediary between fully online and offline quiz making.

In the meantime I will upload some resources into a biology bank for the next units for them to use when they do come online.

I say this because there has been a bit of interest coming in from biology about the VLE and I would love to feed on the enthusiasm while it's still there. I think we'll be about ready to let them loose on it after we've done this first unit, so perhaps in December?

No comments: