Sunday 11 November 2007

Training moodle explicitly

One recent issue that has arisen is that some pupils are finding the moodle interface more difficult to use than anticipated. Rafa has suggested that perhaps we need to spend a few lessons actually explicitly explaining the use of moodle before we move into the topic.

We are lucky in that the science department has this year adopted the teaching of IT as well, so we are in the computer room anyway once a week with some of our classes and I would probably make use of some of these lessons to teach the use of moodle as an IT skill.

On top of this I am currently looking for some ready made tutorials on the use of moodle for secondary level students. I may have to make them myself.

I think that the opening page course page will be a decent place to put these so they are accesible immediately

No comments: